JobsBack to jobs
This is a full time rotating position, the shifts will vary
The PCT performs routine duties of patient care throughout the nursing areas and is responsible for the safe transport of patients via wheelchair or stretcher. They will also dispatch services to the patient and keep appropriate documentation of services. The PCT is also the “eyes and ears” of the nursing staff and will keep nurses informed about any pertinent information they gather about patients and patients conditions. They will also provide the services of an Observer for any patient on a patient care unit who has been assessed to require constant observation in order to maximize his/her safety and performs general receptionist and clerical duties in order to facilitate efficient functioning of the nursing unit. The PCT will perform duties as assigned by the Charge Nurse.
Our ideal candidate will be a “people person” able to socialize and interact with patients, and be a source of emotional support for them. Patience is a prized trait, as there will be challenges daily. The candidate should be up to those challenges, and have the organization and prioritizing skills necessary to make the most of every minute. The candidate should be quick to observe situations and know how to handle emergency situations. The ability to stay calm and handle stress is highly valued.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Basic Life Support.
- Previous hospital or nursing home experience preferred.
- C.N.A. licensure through the Wyoming State Board of Nursing.
- Ability to communicate effectively and document information accurately.
- Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to move or lift patients and equipment
- Health, Dental, Life insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Low Patient-to-Staff Ratio
- We provide your uniforms
- Continuing Education
- Tuition Assistance
Friday, September 25, 2020
Thursday, November 12, 2020