Contact: Karl Hertz
UPDATE - Potential COVID-19 Patient
Memorial Hospital of Converse County received the test results last evening (March 16th) for the patient admitted this past weekend to our isolation room for observation and care. The results of the COVID-19 test are negative. No further patients have presented with symptoms which have met the criteria for COVID-19 testing at this time.
Changes To Operations Remain In Effect:
(Updated Changes To Operations Are Bolded & Italicized)
In order to keep our patients and staff safe, Memorial Hospital has enacted the following measures.
- Patients with respiratory symptoms will be evaluated at their car prior to seeing a provider.
- MHCC Primary Care Clinics remain open. Every patient will be asked the screening questions prior to entry into any building.
- Outlying Specialty Clinics are Closed and patients are being contacted via phone.
- Elective surgeries beginning 3/23 are cancelled and will be rescheduled following this time of National Emergency.
- Emergent and urgent surgeries and procedures will continue as needed.
- Primary Care Providers will be cancelling or rescheduling non-urgent appointments.
- MHCC has restricted access to all visitors and guests.
- The Hospital Main Entrance will be open and monitored Monday thru Friday from 7 AM to 5 PM
- All interior doors will remain closed.
- All hospital exterior doors will remain locked after hours.
- The Emergency Department Entrance Will Remain Open 24 Hrs.
- Volunteer Services, including Care Ride, have been suspended.
- The Arbor Café and Mocha Molly’s are both Closed to the Public.
Memorial Hospital has established a COVID-19 Hotline for patients with questions or concerns about their symptoms. The Hotline is managed by the Emergency Department at MHCC. Patients who call the Hotline with symptoms will be asked a series of questions. Treatment advice will be given based on the patient’s answers.