Contact: Karl Hertz
Para obtener información en español, haga clic aquí
Car-Triage Now In Effect In Douglas For Respiratory Illnesses
Memorial Hospital of Converse County has now constructed a car triage for helping diagnose patients with respiratory illnesses. The process for accessing the car-triage is as follows:
- Patient either presents at a point of entry or calls their provider.
- A nurse will ask a series of questions to help discern level of care (please see questionnaire).
- Dependent upon the patient’s answers the nurse will then direct the patient to proper course of action.
- If directed to car-triage area, the providers and staff will swab the patient for RSV or Influenza.
This test will be conducted on site, and the results provided to patient.
- Further instructions will be provided per results.
- Patients will not be tested for COVID-19 in the car triage.
- These protocols are subject to change per the Centers for Disease Control and Wyoming Health Department guidelines. Such changes will be communicated to the public as soon as possible.
The purpose of this change in our operations is to keep our community as healthy as possible while also supporting a healthy and safe environment for our patients, providers, and staff. Your assistance and cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Current Changes In Operations (more recent changes are bolded and italicized):
In order to keep our patients and staff safe, Memorial Hospital has enacted the following measures.
- Some primary care appointments are being conducted by phone, where applicable.
- Patients with respiratory symptoms will be evaluated at their car prior to seeing a provider.
- MHCC Primary Care Clinics remain open. Every patient will be asked the screening questions prior to entry into any building.
- Outlying Specialty Clinics are Closed and patients are being contacted via phone.
- Elective surgeries beginning 3/23 are cancelled and will be rescheduled following this time of National Emergency.
- Emergent and urgent surgeries and procedures will continue as needed.
- Primary Care Providers will be cancelling or rescheduling non-urgent appointments.
- MHCC has restricted access to all visitors and guests.
- The Hospital Main Entrance will be open and monitored Monday thru Friday from 7 AM to 5 PM
- All interior doors will remain closed.
- All hospital exterior doors will remain locked after hours.
- The Emergency Department entrance will remain open 24 hours.
- Volunteer Services, including Care Ride, have been suspended.
- The Arbor Café and Mocha Molly’s are both Closed to the Public.
- Memorial Hospital has established a COVID-19 Hotline for patients with questions or concerns about their symptoms. The Hotline is managed by the Emergency Department at MHCC. Patients who call the Hotline with symptoms will be asked a series of questions (see attached). Treatment advice will be given based on the patient’s answers.
- The Hotline Number is (307) 358-7399.