Memorial Hospital of Converse County Moves Idles Respiratory Illness Clinic To Medical Office Building and Emergency Department
The examination and testing services provided at our Respiratory Illness Clinic will be supported at our Medical Office Building from 7am to 6:30pm Monday through Friday, and 9am to 1pm on Saturdays. Outside of these hours, patients will be directed to our Emergency Department.
If a patient shows symptoms including: cough, fever or shortness of breath, they will be asked to return to their car. A nurse or physicians assistant will then meet them at their vehicle and ask a series of questions to help determine the level of care. If needed, the patient will be swabbed for RSV or Influenza. Pending those results the patient may be examined further and/or tested for COVID-19. These tests will be conducted on site and the results provided to patient.
Further Updates To Changes In Operations (those bolded and italicized are updates):
COVID-19 spreads primarily through contact with an infected person when they cough or sneeze, or through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose. In order to keep our patients and staff safe, Memorial Hospital has enacted the following measures.
- The Respiratory Illness Clinic is idle and testing for patients supported by Medical Office Building and Emergency Department staff.
- All MHCC Clinics are open and resuming in-person appointments. Every patient will be asked the screening questions prior to entry into any building.
- Telehealth visits are now offered for patients.
- Non-emergent surgeries are resuming as determined by presiding medical staff.
- Visitors and family are not currently permitted to accompany adult patients into the Emergency Department - updates will be provided to family in a timely manner. Minor or pediatric patients are permitted one parent or guardian to remain with them in the Emergency Department, when appropriate.
- One support person is permitted - where applicable - to accompany patients to hospital based appointments such as Lab or Imaging.
- For ultrasound patients, expectant mothers are not permitted any additional guests at this time.
- Third Floor Med-Surg Unit is restricting all visitors, routine updates are provided to a designated family member by phone.
- For Labor and Delivery, mothers in active labor will be permitted one guest with them throughout labor and delivery. This guest may not leave - once they are in the hospital they must remain and cannot go back and forth.
- The Hospital Main Entrance will be open and monitored Monday thru Friday from 7 AM to 5 PM.
- All hospital exterior doors will remain locked after hours. The Emergency Department Entrance Will Remain Open 24 Hrs.
- Volunteer Services, including Care Ride, have been suspended.
- The Arbor Café is closed to the public.
Memorial Hospital has established a COVID-19 Hotline for patients with questions or concerns about their symptoms. The Hotline is managed by the Emergency Department at MHCC. Patients who call the Hotline with symptoms will be asked a series of questions. Treatment advice will be given based on the patient’s answers.
The Hotline Number is (307) 358-7399.