Your OB/GYN Specialists
The OB/GYN team at Memorial Hospital of Converse County specializes in delivering an array of healthcare services specifically for women in Wyoming and the surrounding Rockies Region. Our providers are known throughout the state for their expertise in providing patient-centered compassionate care while delivering advanced medicine. The first health care organization to have the daVinci robotic surgery system in our state, our providers at MHCC have kept ahead of advancements in their field to bring consistent technological innovations to our gynecology and obstetrics services, improving the quality of life for our patients.
Reproductive health is essential for the well-being and overall health of every woman. From the onset of puberty and menstruation through childbearing years to menopause, the gynecology staff at MHCC help women understand and care for their reproductive health throughout their lives. Our team recommends that patients access routine screenings such as regular breast exams, pap smears, and pelvic examinations. Most women should receive these exams annually, and our team at MHCC works to provide a safe and comfortable environment for our patients.
The OB/GYN team at MHCC can advise on, diagnose, and treat gynecological and reproductive health concerns like:
- Birth control
- Contraceptive use
- Menstruation concerns such as irregularities, severe pain, or impacts to life attributed to one's monthly cycle
- Vaginal infection
- Painful intercourse
- Cancers of the uterus, ovaries, or cervix
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Polyps of the cervix or vagina
- Ovarian cysts
- Sexually transmitted infections or diseases
- Administering Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines
Your Voice Matters
Our gynecologists bring their expertise and compassion to every appointment. Working to address any concerns patients have regarding their reproductive health in a safe and supportive environment, our OB/GYN providers establish relationships built upon trust. Our providers meet their patients' needs and listen while informing them about what is considered in the normative range and what requires further treatment or testing. Your health is important to us, and your voice is valued when considering the concerns presented during your care.
If surgery is needed, you are in good hands with our team at MHCC. With decades of combined surgical experience, our OB/GYN team works with patients to determine the appropriate course of action. Ultimately, what is best for the patient guides every decision, and our team considers input from their patients if surgical interventions are recommended.
Our surgical staff may elect to use the following surgical approaches:
DaVinci robotic-assisted surgery - an approach that allows your surgeon to minimize trauma while providing for increased precision and accuracy. Click here for more information on our robotic surgeries.
Advanced laparoscopy is a surgical technique that usually results in shorter hospital stays, less risk for infection, and a shorter recovery period.
Hysteroscopic surgery - no incisions and a minimal recovery time.
Vaginal surgery - the most minimally invasive approach, no incisions, less discomfort, and a shortened recovery period.
The decisions for which surgical approach is utilized are guided by what is best for the patient and also the procedure that is deemed necessary. When meeting with your provider to discuss any procedure, they will present all appropriate options and answer any questions patients may have about recommended surgeries so they can make the best decisions for their reproductive health.
Our team specializes in a wide range of surgeries performed at our surgery center in Douglas, Wyoming. Here are some of the surgical procedures provided by our OB/GYN team at MHCC:
- Tubal ligations
- Partial or full hysterectomies
- Ectopic pregnancies
- Dilation and curettage (D&C) after a miscarriage, to treat heavy bleeding, or diagnose certain conditions of the uterus
- Ovarian or uterine cyst removal
- Surgery for gynecological cancers including ovarian, cervical, and uterine
- Endometriosis and Endometrial ablation
- Diagnostic laparoscopy
- Uterine artery embolization
- Hysteroscopy - diagnostic or operative
- Laparoscopy - diagnostic or operative
- Surgical management of congenital anomalies
- Surgical treatment of vulvar disorders
Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
Gynecologists trained in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery specialize in evaluating and treating women who have a wide range of noncancerous (benign) gynecologic conditions, including heavy menstrual periods (menorrhagia), irregular menstrual periods (metrorrhagia), pelvic pain, endometriosis and ovarian cysts.
Your care is provided either in the exam room or within outpatient surgical suites. No matter the setting, a minimally invasive approach has been shown to improve outcomes and reduce discomfort, inconvenience and expense.
Your provider will talk with you about a range of innovative treatment options and develop an individualized treatment plan that may involve one of these minimally invasive gynecologic approaches:
- Hysteroscopic surgery. This technique does not require any incisions and has minimal recovery time.
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery. This technique has been shown to be an effective treatment that results in shorter hospital stays, less discomfort and a shorter recovery period.
- da Vinci Robotic surgery. This approach has the same advantages as advanced laparoscopy, and it allows surgeons to operate with increased precision and accuracy while minimizing trauma to surrounding tissues. Click here for more information on our robotic surgeries.
- Vaginal surgery. This is the most minimally invasive approach to major gynecologic surgery. It has all of the recovery advantages associated with laparoscopic and robotic surgery, while also avoiding any abdominal incisions.
We welcome you to get to know our OB/GYN providers. Click on their names to read their professional bios and reach out to schedule your appointment: