Migraines are not just bad headaches, and for those who suffer from chronic migraines, the intense throbbing pain, sensitivity to light and sound, and other factors can be debilitating.
The FDA-approved SPG block provides instant relief for migraine sufferers by numbing a collection of nerve cells located just under the tissue lining at the back of the nose. By applying a local anesthetic to the area, nerve impulses can be temporarily blocked, providing relief from various types of pain.
Memorial Hospital of Converse County is the only area hospital offering the SPG block, which is performed by radiologists Doug White, MD, and Dennis Yutani, MD. For more information on the SPG block, ask your doctor or contact the radiology department at Memorial Hospital at 307.358.1438.
- Instantly effective.
- Minimally invasive.
- Safe for adults, children and pregnant women.
- Quick, in-office procedure.
- 97 percent of people report relief.
- Average person requires 3 to 4 treatments per year.
- Reimbursed by Medicare and most insurances.