This platform assists both patient and provider in communicating, and is available in video chat or audio formats. Instructions for use will be provided to patients before their scheduled appointment. With this service, our providers assist patients who need to discuss ongoing health concerns, new or developing symptoms, and follow up on check-ups or lab tests. Our Telehealth Service is supported by Backline - a medical telecommunications platform.
The application is simple to use, secure, and HIPAA Compliant. Telehealth visits will be billed to insurance, where applicable. See below for more information on what you can expect and how to use this resource!
To Download These Instructions As A PDF - Click Here
Para obtener información en español - haga clic aquí
How It Works and What To Expect
Preparing For Your Visit
- Ensure you have a smart phone with a front-facing camera or a PC or laptop with a camera and microphone.
- Make sure you have access to a strong cellular or internet connection.
- Close all other applications or programs on your mobile device or computer.
- Arrange a private place for your visit that limits background noise and interruptions.
If You're Using a Mobile Device
Mobile is preferred as it helps with minimizing technical issues patients may face with regard to their webcam or microphone.
- Make sure your battery is adequately charged [at least 30%] or the device is plugged in and charging.
- Set the device’s default browser settings to allow camera and microphone access [Chrome for Android or Safari for iOS].
- Please review the instructional video below on how to allow camera and microphone access on your mobile device.
Information on the Technology
If You're Using a PC or Laptop
- Please use one of the following browsers: Chrome, Safari, or Firefox. Internet Explorer will not work.
- Make sure your operating system’s Privacy Settings allow camera and microphone access.
- Make sure you have a microphone and that it is working. If not, you can use headphones that have a built-in microphone.
Just Before Your Visit:
- Just before your appointment, you will receive an email or an SMS text with a secure link from a staff member in our office inviting you to join a secure chat.
- Complete the fields on the authentication screen and select the Confirm and View Message button to access the secure chat session.
- Remain in the secure chat session until you receive an invitation to join a secure video chat with your provider. Click Accept to join the secure video chat.
- If you receive a pop-up request to allow Backline to access your camera and microphone, select the Allow option.
- Next, you will see yourself in the upper right corner of the screen while you’re waiting for the provider to appear in the middle of your screen. Don’t worry if you don’t see it right away - depending upon signal strength, there may be a slight delay.
- Please be patient as we sometimes run a couple minutes behind schedule.
During and After Your Visit:
- Once you have connected with your provider, discuss your health concerns, request prescription renewals, obtain new prescriptions, etc. Many things can be addressed during a video visit - just as if you were in the exam room.
- Please note that video visits are just like an office visit, meaning your insurance will be billed afterwards and may also require a copay.